Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 67

"Tag! You're It!"

I was tagged by Dave (like a week ago, but am just now getting to it)!

1. What did you do 10 years ago?
1998...I was a sophomore in high school. Went on my first date with Ben. Immediately fell in love and told him I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Which pretty much sent him running--not exactly what an 18 year old boy wants to hear on a first date! But he couldn't stay away from my irresistible charm! :) 3 months after our first date he left me to go to Michigan Tech, 500 miles away...I spent the next two years missing a long distance boyfriend that I rarely got to see. The highlight of those years was the bond that grew as we wrote each other letters several times each week (email hadn't hit the masses yet) and the assurance that came with finding my identity. By the time I graduated high school our friendship was built for a lifetime. God knows exactly what he was doing.
2. Five things from your 'to do' list?
  • Finish posting our stuff from the basement storage closets on Craigslist
  • Schedule to take the GMAT and finish my application for Graduate School
  • Check Walmart's website EVERYDAY until my crib goes on sale :)
  • Order the 300 prints I will need for our profile
  • Babies Room: measure and tape the walls for horizontal stripes, paint the stripes, touch up the trim, shampoo the carpet, wash the wood blinds, clean the vents, replace the light fixture...and let the decorating begin! :)
3. Favorite snacks?
Hmmm...I'm not much of a snacker, but I LOVE fruit (I told Ben last week that I could be a fruitetarian!), sugar snap peas, Paydays, and Dark Chocolate.
4. What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Pay off our house and Ben's parents house, buy a Toyota Rav4, pay off both our student loans and my doctorate in full, fund my first book, spend my summers in Africa helping to stamp out hunger and AIDS, while shining the light of JESUS.

5. Places where you've lived?
Michigan...pretty exciting, huh?

Next to be tagged are: Meeghan, Laura, and Leah!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Craigslist does rock. I've found and gotten rid of so many things on there. In Boston it is HUGE. Everything is done on there... finding apts, furniture, jobs, etc. Is it the same in Michigan?

    Also -- wanted to thank you for weighing in the IVF stuff. That was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah...I had no idea you were in Michigan too! I'm in the Ann Arbor area, where do you live?

    Melba

    ReplyDelete