Friday, May 8, 2015

FF: Crock Pot Flank Steak

This is a great work day, crock pot meal! I found this Flank Steak recipe from The Mrs with the Dishes.

 

It's very easy. Here are the ingredients:
  • 2 pound flank steak
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 4 tbsp brown sugar
  • 5 garlic cloves, minced
  • freshly ground black pepper

I marinaded my steak overnight and cooked it on low for 8 hours. When it was done, I chopped it, diagonally, put it in the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp up the edges, and salted it before serving. It was so yummy, we didn't even use the tortillas I had bought.

The boys didn't love it, but ate it up when I provided them ketchup for dipping.

I paired it with salad, biscuits, and applesauce. We eat a lot of applesauce - which is why we are building our own orchard in the backyard!


1 comment: