Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Kisses


Sweet Tyrus,
Mommy is tired. The guests are gone, the cake demolished, your presents put away.  Such a special party for my special boy.  I can believe you're a year old. I've spent the months soaking in all your moments. Your light up the room smiles and adorably cute nose scrunches did not pass me by.  Mommy paid special attention to every ducky detail to make our day memorable. I know it's supposed to be your day, but our hearts are so connected I think I enjoyed it as much as you. 

You are so loved, so thought of.  We had guests from Texas, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Tennessee all in to pay tribute to your miraculous life. Such fan-fare my babyheart!

When I look back on our year, together, I am astounded. One of my favorite Chris Tomlin lines sings, "He will wipe away your tears and return your wasted years...This is our God."  You have given our family new life, Tyrus. I remember the wastelands we walked, but there is no longer a pull in my spirit nor ache in my heart.  You have been a healing balm.

I must confess, you've taken over our lives. Our days and schedules are organized by you, our love consumed with thoughts of you.  You make my face beam, my heart shine. I feel like a love-sick puppy. 

Your person makes me laugh. You are equal parts fire and love. I'm not sure how the two go together. Your temper is hot, your screams of disgust often, yet your heart's softness contagious.  I love your sweet "Muma" sounds and spontaneous, unsolicited kisses. I love how you take time out of your play to kiss my knee or elbow or cheek. The tender in your heart is most vivid when I'm sitting on the couch and you pull my knees apart just so you can get closer. Such gestures remind me of God's love. His love for me, his love for you.

I know you'll never remember this day, but I hope the moments captured in word and picture will be a just representation of the difference your life has made.

Love you, baby.




22 comments:

  1. oh my...i love baby faces smeared in cake. so so sweet! Happy Birthday to Tyrus : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so adorable, it was so good to see you two together and chat for a minute.
    talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I how I LOVE this post!!!!!! SOOOO SOOOO SOOOO wish I could have been there to celebrate this with you all. He is such a dear peice to all of our hearts. I cannot wait to see what year # 2 brings for you all. Happy Happy YEAR!!!! ;-)
    Love Ya,
    Annj

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful that you have soaked in every moment. The one blessing of infertility is that no moments afterwards are taken for granted. Happy birthday to your gorgeous baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebekah!!!! You have outdone yourself with this party, post, music, pictures..... I love you're beautiful family! OH,, and Obadiah say's HI to his Primo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great day...love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious, precious post. I felt the same way when our girl turned a year... I could believe it. Every moment was so impressed upon my mind and I thank God for making our path to achieve a family so difficult because I know I valued that year more than I would have otherwise.

    Happy 1st birthday to Mr. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday lil' man!! Your post brought back all the memories of when our lil' man turned one. I am sitting her with tears in my eyes because just like that he's 2 1/2 now. Time sure does fly, keep soaking it in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Ty! I love the picture of the 3 of you - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is just so adorable. Your pictures are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Tyrus! The pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Ty! I know it was an extra special day for everyone. Lovin' the hair, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh SO beautiful! It was SUCH a great day and I'm very thankful little C. and I were able to be there to celebrate with your awesome little man! My favorite pics are the ones when he starts clapping his hands, priceless!

    There is so much love flowing in all the pictures, as there is in real life with your beautiful family. It makes my heart happy!

    Love,

    Melba

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know i was there to experience it with you all--but that slide show just MADE MY DAY! I love the expressions, and the captions you wrote were so appropriate! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry we missed it! It looks like everything went great. I love the family picture...daddy and Ty having matching hair is awesome and you are all stunning in yellow (even though you don't like yellow!!!) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like the party was so much fun and that Ty had a blast!

    Shelby loves duckies, she has about 20 in her bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TYRUS!! Rebecca I am so happy for you. What an amazing year, and I am so honored that you would share it all with us. It just keeps getting better and better, doesnt it!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Tyrus! What an amazing post! He could not get any cuter:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you all had a great party for Ty!!! Happy Birthday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful post! Happy (belated) birthday to Ty!

    ReplyDelete