Monday, June 7, 2010

New Book Release

You know me. Well sort of.

I hope that you know I live my life wide-open, always looking for ways to expand my heart and knowledge.

Meet Kevin Hendricks.

He lives his life the same way.

He just wrote an out-of-box version of his son's adoption story. And I mean out-of-box. It's a collection of tweets that had me laughing, wondering, and inspiring on how God could use me. It's so much more than an international adoption story. It's a call to global awakening.

The exchange of whimsy between him and his young daughter are lightening to the heart, but an underlying challenge exists.

Kevin writes: "In an ideal world adoption wouldn’t be necessary. To anyone feeling like they can’t adopt, there are so many things you can do to ensure that children don’t need to be adopted."

Like mine, I hope your heart cried, YES.

Check it out. The book is:

Addition by Adoption: Kids, Causes & 140 Characters


It's $9.99 on Amazon and $2.00 from every book goes to Charity: Water to build a clean water well in Ethiopia. A lack of clean water is the #1 cause of infant mortality in Ethiopia, killing 300,000 kids every year.

You can check out Kevin's website, HERE, for more information.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very inspiring & awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, it's so great to see people like him making an incredible difference & doing things to create changes that they need to see happen in this world! As Ghandi said, "we must all be the change we wish to see in the world"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat Neat Neat!!! I would love to read that!!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the kind words, Rebekah.

    I should also throw out there that I'm trying to boost the awareness for the next couple weeks and try to get closer to building that well in Ethiopia. So we're offering an "Awesome Edition" of the book on my site. It's $20, comes autographed and shipping is included, but the best part is that $12 goes to charity: water (hence the awesome).

    Check out the site for the details and other offers.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book in one evening and really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud at many parts.

    ReplyDelete