Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spinach Omelets & Super Faith

I had a rough day, today. No real reason in particular.

Maybe it was the back to work blues or the pregnancy announcements over break or the frustration of waiting for news that doesn't seem to exist or the cheese-less, egg whites and spinach omelet I had for breakfast. Who knows?

But I felt the blahs.

I tried commiserating with friends, but they were still drinking in the new year cheer and only offered words of hope that put more grump in my hump (I'm not even sure what that means).

Of course, my dampened mood was lightened when Ty came running to the door and greeted my face with kisses and said, "Mom, I pay you to kiss me!" [He got a new cash register for Christmas and loves to give away all the money so that we can purchase items as customers]. Where kissed are involved - I'm all in!

After spending a night "shopping" through Ty's toys, I was reminded of my prayer to live beyond ordinary. Living an ordinary life is easy. It's popular and everyday. Most people are doing it.

I want my life to be extraordinary...exceptional...spectacular!

It's too bad the "extra" requires time and patience and character. It beckons me to commune with God and to view the world through supernatural, God-fearing lenses. The payout, of course, is worthwhile, but the growing pains can be uncomfortable.

I wish I wasn't such a child when it comes to waiting and trusting...

There are so many areas of my life that I'm trusting God for, right now. So much so, that I whittled my new year's goals down to two.
  1. Move more and eat less (hence the afore mentioned spinach omelet)
  2. Live beyond my natural ability (inspired by John Bevere)
Psalm 139:16 says, "Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."
We won't be judged by what we did. We'll be judged on what we were called to do.                                             ~  JOHN BEVERE

In order to do all the things I know God has called me to do, I have to stop living in my own ability and start walking in the full power of God.

I am stirred and encouraged even as I type. This is going to be a good year. I am going to run after the Father with everything in me. I'm going to read my Bible more than I watch TV, pray more than I worry, give more than I get, and love beyond what's deserved.

With so many things outside my control, it feels really good to throw my energy into something that I can control...me.

I'm looking forward to the change along the way. I know God's not finished with me, yet.

6 comments:

  1. i don't know what to say to that, i just get where you are coming from. i am excited for what God has planned, but cautious in thinking it will be easy...

    Romans 5:3, 4 "We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, proven character; proven character, hope and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who he has given us."

    That is where I am with everything. Sometimes it is important to remember that everyone's version of "normal" is not really what God has called us to. I think His plan was for us to be uncomfortable quite frankly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very inspiring. i like that, "read the bible more than i watch tv, pray more than i worry, and love beyond what's deserved". seems simple enough, yet for some reason so hard. and in a year that has been the worst of my life, i'm ready to see what God can really do in my life. I need Him more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning picture of you! WOW!

    I love the extraordinary life you are seeking to live. It's an inspiration to me!

    Happy New Year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These words really stirred me. Especially "pray more than I worry" and "love beyond what's deserved." As always, I love your honesty and heart. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too do not want an "ordinary" life. I was right where you are 2 weeks ago, so I can totally appreciate how you are feeling.
    We just accepted a placement of 3 little boys a week ago. We are now a family of 7! There is a lot of hard work, but God has been faithful and even though I am tired and worn at bedtime it is the BEST kind of tired. I am a big girl. I knew it would be hard, but I love that I am actually LIVING outside the box. Your big change is coming too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your family :) Love reading your blog and keeping up with all that God is doing in your life!

    ReplyDelete