Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 13


There are so many unsung heroes in my life, but today I'm going to sing praises of one.

Laura is one of the most tender-hearted compassionate people I know. She does motherhood with grace and style and breathes peace everywhere she goes. She is the Provers 31 woman. She is my sister. She represents "home" to me.

She gave me my first ever Mother's Day gift which, of course, opened the floodgates of tears...but it meant more to me than she'll ever know. Today, at church a parade of moms (literally a parade) walked by me celebrating...in my heart I was able to rejoice too knowing that at least one person in the world recognizes my "expectant" journey.

Laura, I love you more than a good book on a rainy day. You are my heart.

3 comments:

  1. That is precious Rebekah!

    Thank you for the scripture! It is a great one and I did drink it in several times.

    Lets try to catch up this week. I fly home Tuesday.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much and am so proud of you. I'm already planning what to wear when I get to sit in the audience of Oprah. You are going to invite me to come with you on the book tour, RIGHT??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing how at least three chapters will be devoted to our friendship, I think it's safe to say you'll be on tour...Maybe we can even reenact chapter 2:
    "When I knew adoption was for me."

    An excerpt:
    She looked at me with exhaustion in her eyes and said, "I can't do this--I can't do this..." it was right then I dropped to the floor and thought...There is no way I'm ever going to be able to give birth... That was the day I saw her as "hero" for the first time and asked her to have all my babies for me.

    ReplyDelete