Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy Birthday LJ!

We are marching through the parade of birthdays and, this weekend, was LJ's turn to turn FIVE!



I love this kid so much, I hardly remember life without him. He is so FULL of life. He can't go anywhere without jumping, skipping, dancing, or headbanging. He has a continual song in his heart and belts it out when he sees fit. He is the only five year old I know that can do a dozen push-ups AND pull-ups. He wears his heart on the outside and is the most tender  boy in our family. He is fiercely loyal and conservative in his relationships. He keeps Ben and I very close and is not afraid to tell us when he needs to be held. Whether we're on the couch relaxing or on a bench eating ice cream, he yearns for closeness and affection. While this concerns us with the ladies in the future, we love his full-hearted devotion, now.

He is one of the few people in my life that makes me laugh out loud. He says the craziest, funniest stuff, and has a thumb/finger point that never gets old. I admire his spirit and ability to pull out words like "Shazam" and "Booyah". I could never insert such animated terminology into conversation without sounding like a complete fraud. LJ is genuine in everything he does.

He loves his daddy more than anyone I know. Although he doesn't verbalize it, it's as if he remembers all the homes and years without one and holds on to his with surety. I love his love. Pure and genuine. He is quick to forgive, first to forget, and has an extremely generous heart.

He adapts easily and is laid back in nature. He teaches me to live in the moment and challenges me to give more. He is one-of-a-kind. I am so thankful that God chose us for him.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday LJ!! You are a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Buddy! You are an amazingly brave little boy - an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy BIRTHDAY, LJ. Hope it's you're favorite one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! this is the cutest x

    ReplyDelete