Monday, October 22, 2012

Finalization

We got word, last week, that LJ's adoption finalization will be next Friday, November 2nd! We are really excited to celebrate such a special day. We have been talking about it to help LJ understand what will be happening and to ease any insecurity that the courthouse might bring. The first couple of times I brought it up he didn't say anything, but yesterday on our way to church he said, "Mom, are we going to court to be a family?"

His little voice pierced my heart and reminded me that this sweet boy knows and understands more than he lets on. I did call and invite LJ's G-Mama. She responded that she would let me know...I haven't heard back. Either way, I'm not going to tell LJ. No reason to stir up emotion if she doesn't make it.

This baby boy has added so much flavor to our family. He is a direct blessing from God and makes every corner of my heart smile.



14 comments:

  1. Our kids get way more than we think. Congratulations on your upcoming finalization! I am so thrilled for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!! My daughter asks me all the time what the judge said. "He said we get to be a family forever and always" I tell her.
    So glad LJ is going to legally be part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Congrats! Although you are already a family, wonderful one at that, it is still a great day when it becomes official an legal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Congrats! Although you are already a family, wonderful one at that, it is still a great day when it becomes official an legal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Congratulations to all of you:)The day it's all final is such an exciting day! :)
    Anne
    www.allaboutelizabeth-anne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Can't wait for the news and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! congrats!!! congrats!!! so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been reading your blog for a few months now and have seen some of difficult times you have had, as well as the beautiful little boys you have and the joy they bring you. I just wanted to say a huge congrats on the finalisation, that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOO excited for you, hun!!! And for LJ and your entire family! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just second everything you said. I may add that it touches my heart when he wants me to sing a song for him. He is just about the only person who makes that request.

    ReplyDelete