Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ty's 11th Month

Hard to believe it's been nearly a year.

Every month is my favorite.

Month 11 has brought out Ty's personality more than any other. I love that he goes after what he wants and is not easily persuaded. Tenderness continues to be first nature, as kisses and back pats are routine. Ty has started to mimic everything we do including "oh," "ah," and "ssss" sounds. His "mumas" melt my heart the minute I walk in the door and his new tricks include high-fives, blowing kisses, and patty-cake. He does an adorable nose scrunch when he's really happy and creating waves in the bath result in peals of giggles and one wet mama.

For some reason, he cries like we broke his heart when we lay him down for diaper and outfit changes. But as soon as the diaper comes off he takes joy in playing with his manhood. Something I'll never understand.

Very firm "no Tys" have begun and to my surprise he listens every time (for now). Our pediatrician appointment, last week, landed Ty in the 10th percentile for height and weight (such a peanut!), he weighs in at 19 pounds. We're still in 6-9 month clothing and size 3 shoes.

Ty is taking his sweet time growing teeth and crawling. He refuses to crawl, but does the ever-efficient butt-scoot and walks around furniture like a maniac. He is now able to walk around flat surfaces with minimal wall support. I expect him to be on the move by his birthday. Not sure what's up with the teeth, but he doesn't let it slow him down. The only foods we've had thrown at us are green beans and hard-boiled eggs. We'll keep trying.

My favorite new thing this month is Ty's desire to share whatever he's doing/eating with me. He is constantly sharing his graham crackers, cheese, and pacis. He'll suck on his paci for awhile before deciding it's my turn. He plops it right in my mouth and then laughs hysterically. It used to gross me out, but now I revel in the loving attention.

Somewhere along the way, Ben became Ty's hero. He routinely turns to Ben for comfort, which shouldn't have surprised me, but did. Apparently mommy's no-nonsense, suck-it-up attitude has already been detected... Thank God for daddy.

Every day Ty turns more boy, less baby.

His hair continues to be out-of-control by nature. His disposition sweet and easy going.


We never stop thanking God for lighting up our life.

blog comments powered by Disqus