Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Vacation

We had a really fantastic Christmas with the boys. I wouldn't call it relaxing...but life isn't such with two three year olds running around! We went snow tubing, swimming at the aquatic center, experienced our first 3D movie, stayed up late, spent our mornings in pjs, and had hours of quality time with family and friends. Here are a few of my favorite shots from the week.









One of our goals for 2013 is to find the boys a little sister. We feel settled...and ready. I got right to work on that, today, when I emailed our Michigan Adoption Resource Exchange, inquiring about three precious brothers that I have been praying for since I saw them months ago. I was afraid they were going to be split up for waiting so long. I received a call back within a couple of hours letting me know that a family had just been identified. I rejoiced for the boys and said a little prayer of thankfulness. The thought of mothering five boys under the age of 3 was a little daunting!

We are excited for the new year and waiting in anticipation to see how God will use us!


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No...She will be 12 months old in another two weeks. I can see on mom's facebook that she is still visiting. There's a picture from Christmas. I think about her and pray often. It's a lot easier these days to trust God for our future.

      Delete
    2. No need to reply to this but...if she came into care as an infant she is approaching the 15 month mark which means they should be making big decisions around that time to either reunite or terminate. In about six months you might have a clear answer on that situation.

      Delete
  2. Glad you all had such a wonderful Christmas! Will be praying for a little sister to join you in His timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers to you! I feel like you will be adding a little girl to your family for sure! I am praying that we can add a baby to our family this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures, and I am so excited to hear about a little sister :) I don't know if you remember me, but we emailed back and forth awhile back (state-wide playdate in the works yet???) I wanted to tell you that we made a decision, and we JUST arrived home 2 weeks ago with our son, a little boy with Ds...just in time for Christmas :) Thanks again for all your input and agency help way back at the beginning when we were trying to discern God's direction for OUR family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see what God has planned :) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure how your state works but I would hope that they are considering your family for LJ's sister to preserve biological sibling relationships... what a blessing it would be for him to grow up with his baby sister instead of searching for her when he is an adult! Good luck to your family as you expand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know if LJ's other sibling pair was adopted? I know the older child would take your family out of birth order but is that a possibility? I'm looking forward to watching your beautiful family grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most amazing thing about it all is how He is in control of it all... we are planning to start the adoption process again this year and my husband and i spoke about adopting a little sister and brother... we are 100% trusting God to guide us towards our children... amazing amazing amazing... God is so good!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The calm peace in LJ's eyes in the photo where he is at the table with a cup in front of him is awesome! I have been wondering how is first family Christmas went. Many blessings to you!

    Forever your cheerleader!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the most precious boys! I CANNOT WAIT to follow your journey to a sister (sisters?!) for the boys!!! Any news on LJ's baby sister or was she already placed? I may have missed it as I'm a lot behind on blogs.

    ReplyDelete