Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 53

The theme has been decided....Moo la la. Sophisticated Cow it is! I had fun picking out all the fabric for the baby, today! As sad as it is to prepare a gender neutral room, I love celery green, and already had purchased some fabric a few years ago. I'm still not sure how I'll paint, but feast your eyes on the pre-masterpieces below:

In a matter of a few months they will be quilted into a beautiful baby bedroom set...all for $30!!! You can't tell in the picture but all fabrics are perfect for cuddling baby. They are warm flannels and cozy chenille's. I can't wait to get started! If our baby is a girl, shocking hot pink will be the accent with hot pink taffeta curtains. If it's a boy, I'll stick with onyx--less baby more manly. The current guest room below is soon to be baby's room!!!

["soon" is a relative term for a student working toward a Masters with a long baby wait ahead of her!] I'm going to relish every part of the process.

Before Picture.

9 comments:

  1. Dig it! That nursery is going to look great! (Love the cow print...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be beautiful. So excited for you. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the nursery will be beautiful. You just might need it rather sooner than later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors too. The room is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that you are doing the exact same thing that I am. How much fun!! I'm loving perusing the baby isles at every store I go into for anything giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Love the cow theme! The little cow lovie will fit right in :) So glad for you...making that bedding and praying with every stitch will be therapeutic, no doubt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog and I am just absolutely fascinated with yours. I am so excited for you and am eager to hear all about your journy.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wish I could quilt, I know your blanket is going to be fabulous!! I can't wait to see the room completed, I know it will look amazing. I know what you mean about "soon" being a relative term for a student...the art of college is quite time consuming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two things: 1. Green is my favorite colour. 2. That looks like more than $30 in fabric--though, of course, I can't tell the yardages.

    I can't wait to see the after photo.

    (I can't believe I'm reading your entire blog in a day... I really don't have enough tissue for this.)

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete