Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No News.

No news on Little Boy.

Thankfully, I am in my busy season at work, so I've had little time to think about it. I am going to connect with our case worker tomorrow. If we were being considered, it seems like we would have been contacted already in order for Little Boy's case worker to name a family by Friday...but I'm learning not to assume anything in this arena.

In the mean time, our foster care licensing worker called to let us know that DHS officially approved our foster care license. She said she'd already heard our names thrown around the office a few times, this week, and thinks we should be receiving a call in the next few days. I feel conflicted about it.

We are very sure about our adoption path and have been clear about our intentions to all of our workers. Fostering kids is not in our plan for two major reasons. The first is that I work full time and don't feel comfortable bringing foster care children into a home that I'm not in during the week. The second and primary reason is that I am afraid our adoption agenda will get in the way of our ability to be objective.

Our licensing worker understands our position, but was honest about the state of the system and couldn't promise that we wouldn't be called out of desperation. We have agreed to consider cases that are nearing termination, but I know this will hold different meaning for different case workers.

If you're wondering why we applied for a license in the first place, it is because all of the agencies that I contacted, in our state, require it. In most cases, even when parental rights have been terminated, the license allows for immediate placement in our home. It offers relief to a bloated system and quicker restoration for the child.

I'm really not sure what God is up to. I will admit that our case worker's news was a little unsettling for me. Our plans never seem to be God's plans and he keeps stretching my heart beyond what's comfortable...

I do know that God is good. And that he is going to use us in a much needed capacity. The number of children waiting for families/available for adoption is astounding.

Thankfully, surety in a written story balances out my unanswered questions.

The next few days could be interesting.

10 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! I know God has His perfect plan for your life but He is most definitely keeping you on edge, huh? Very excited to see how your journey unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you haven't received any news.I'm sending prayers
    your way and pray for God to be with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why am i not surprised that they straight out told you that they can't promise that they will stick to what your requirements are? :) glad they didn't lie about it though.

    Just a few thoughts in case you do get some phone calls soon.

    1. Ask if the goal of the case has OFFICIALLY been changed to termination ON PAPER.

    2. Ask if there is a termination trial scheduled.

    3. Ask if the Judge has already stopped all parental and bio family visits (i know I already mentioned this)

    It is just SO HARD when they call you for a little one...i was never able to say no at first. "Lizzy" was labeled as "pre-adoptive" when I got the phone call for her...but, on paper the plan was still reunification and it took 18 months of torture to wait and see what would happen. She literally was supposed to be returned to her bios at one point...but God.

    Anyway, I am just throwing all that out there because people don't always tell the truth, or know the truth, when they are calling looking for homes. If they tell you "It looks like they will be adoptable" does NOT mean much. Seriously, unless there is a termination trial scheduled it isn't as close as they are acting like it is.

    I am excited for you :) God knows right where your kids are and how to get them to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good questions MamaFoster!

      Delete
  4. I can totally understand your frustration with the whole thing and have had all my plans thrown out the window multiple times. It seems that I shouldn't bother planning, but I still do! LOL. I hope that you hear something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is sure taking His time picking your next little one for you. I can imagine the wait is so so hard. Im so glad you are updating and letting us know where you are in the process. What a party we are all going to have when the next little one arrives. I cant wait!!!!!

    Love you bunches!!!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is good to have that foster care license, especially since you never know where you may find your babies. The only reason our boys are here now is that we are foster parents!

    Plus, you just never know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly why I will encourage people who are wanting to adopt to look into getting their license... :)

      Delete
  7. I just read this verse on another blog then came over and read yours....thought it was appropriate, so I'm sharing it with you. Praying.....

    “The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read this verse on another blog then came over and read yours....thought it was appropriate, so I'm sharing it with you. Praying.....

    “The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

    ReplyDelete