Friday, February 20, 2015

FF: Creamy Chicken and Asparagus



This week's recipe was delish. My kids live for pasta, but I am pretty picky when it comes to sauce - especially alfredo. I took the time to shovel a quick walkway to our grill (we're, currently, buried in snow), so that I could grill my chicken and remember summer. It was well worth the 15 minutes of subzero temps.

I always bake my bacon at 400 for 20ish minutes and pan-fry my asparagus in a little bit of olive oil and sea salt.


You can find the original Cooking Classy recipe for Creamy Chicken and Asparagus here


Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta | Cooking Classy

I paired it with our very favorite Olive Garden knock-off salad (Recipe Here; mid-page) and fruit medley (apples, bananas, and clementines).

Sweet Boy is not quick to award a five-star, but I would say this was pretty darn close to a home-run. Sissy wouldn't eat the asparagus, but she DID manage to eat her body weight in alfredo and bacon!



1 comment:

  1. That looks great!

    I love your recipe rating system, too!

    I just found this one a few weeks ago (actually it may have been when I was pinning your last recipe) and this has been great! I've made it four times now in just the couple of weeks since I found it.

    SO good and I've been doing brown rice and then varying the veggies with it - except I've doubled the sauce (or quad. if I've doubled the recipe, etc.) because it's so great to have extra for more for the rice or veggies, or extras if there's leftover, etc.

    It's great sauce even just on veggies and rice, too.

    http://therecipecritic.com/2013/09/caramel-chicken/

    ReplyDelete